75g Brown sugar
2 tbsp Golden syrup
1 tbsp Black treacle
1 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch Ground cloves
half a Orange rind
half tsp Bicarbonate soda
225g Plain flour
1. Boil the sugar, syrup,treacle, 1 tbsp water, spices and rind. ( Stirring all the time)
2. Remove from heat once sugar has melted.
3. Stir in the butter and the bicarbonate of soda.
4. Slowly stir in the flour.
5. Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
6. Roll the dough out and use a cutter to make the gingerbread men.
7. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
8. Once cooled decorate your little men before they run away :)
Gingerbread has been around for a long time but the recipe has changed a lot over the years. It once was made with bread crumbs, ginger and honey.
Thanks for reading! Hope you have fun making them.