Sunday, 4 September 2011

Pork and Apple Stew

Well friends I now have  a new recipe to share with you, a beautiful Pork and apple stew.  This dish is very cheap to make and please believe me it tastes delicious and if you don't believe me try it for yourself. It is very easy to make and I have step by step instructions with pictures on my blog.  Good luck and most of all have fun making it,  I know I did :) Thanks x


You will need

X1 Leek
X2 Carrots
X1 Onion
500g Pork
Small handful of Sage
Salt and pepper
X1 Bay leaf
250ml Chicken Stock
Half tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Cornflour
100g Creme fraiche
X1 Apple

Brown the pork in frying pan in batches



Add the pork to a big pot on low heat


Sweat off the onions then add to the pork


Add the carrots and leeks


Pour in the hot stock and bring to a boil

Add the sage, bay leaf and season with salt and pepper


Cook on low heat with the lid on for one and a half hours


Mix the cornflour and mustard with the creme fraiche


Add to the stew


Add the apple wedges and cook with lid on for further 8 minutes until the apples are cooked.


Then Serve!

Great with homemade rolls (recipe coming soon) x




No comments:

Post a Comment