Monday, 26 September 2011

Wholemeal bread sticks

Hello my lovely blog followers :) Today was make it Monday with Hannah's Buns again, its  my second week and this Monday I have made wholemeal bread sticks. I love the smell of fresh bread baking in my oven. I can think of nothing else that smells so good and makes me happy then homemade bread.  Here is the recipe and some pictures Thanks for reading :)






300g Strong White flour
200g Wholemeal flour
37g Butter
25g Fresh yeast
15g Salt
300ml Warm water

1. Mix all the dry ingredients together
2. (if using machine put the dough hook in) Or mix by hand.
3. Add the warm water and knead for 10minutes by hand or 5 minutes if using machine.
4. Leave to rise to double in size in a bowl covered with cling film
5. Then knock back the dough roll out with rolling pin. ( use flour on work surface if need to)
6. Roll the dough to thickness of a pound coin
7. Then cut into strips 1cm wide
8. Leave to rise again on an oiled and floured baking tray for 30 minutes
9. Oven on 200'c cook for 15-20 minutes.
10. Eat them warm when they taste their best :)



Good Luck ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment