Friday, 13 January 2012

Echo Newspaper Competition

Hello readers, I just wanted to write about my competition win. I entered a competition a few months ago which was going on around the country. It was to win 12 months free advertising in the Echo paper and free business mentoring to help my small business grow. To any one who knows me, they know how passionate I am about cooking, I think of it 24 hours a day and am always trying to improve my skills and make my food out standing. I trained as a chef at college and went on to work in some amazing restaurants with some brilliant chefs which I'm really grateful for. I entered in to the competition not really thinking I would go through but when I found out I was in the final 3 in Haverhill I was so shocked. Then I was told I had to go to Bury and do a presentation to 3 judges about my business and goals. I was so scared and nervous because I find things like this really hard, I'm normally quite a quiet person and not used to standing in front of people and talking, but I got through it and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I took some cakes and cheese straws with me hoping this may help :) and I just told them of my passion for cooking and dreams of opening my own patisserie. Then a few weeks later I was told I was the winner, I was so happy and excited about the future of Hannah's Buns patisserie. I'm putting on  my blog the news paper article before I won and when the next one is avabile on line I will put it on here for you to see. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and watch this space :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment