Tuesday, 14 February 2012

21 st Birthday Cake







This cake was lovely to make as the lady wanted something pretty pink and lots of glitter which I love.  The ladies daughter was turning 21 and she wanted a very special cake for her birthday. She told me that her daughter loves shoes and that her childhood favourite characters were Big Bird and Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street. So i got to work on Big Bird first and made her out of sugar paste then a week before the cake dead line I started to make the shoe as you have to let the paste go hard before you can put it all together.  The lady and her husband were very happy and here is the email they sent me after below. Thank you for taking a look at my blog. :)


Hi Hannah

Just to let you know the cake tasted utterly delicious and my daughter and family were all totally amazed at what you had created. I don't think it will last long but the main thing was my daughter's reaction. Thank you.

Best Wishes

Sue Youngs

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Hannah. Must be so wonderful to get such a nice reaction from your client(s). I love how you have done the sparkly shoe on top. Do you have some sort of template for this or did you just eyeball it? Either way, fantastic.

    Thanks for sharing,
    -Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa Thanks for your comments :) I bought a cheap pair of shoes and some inner soles and cut round the inner sole with the sugar paste then you leave it on the shoe for a week to harden and take shape. Hope that helps Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete