Monday, 5 March 2012

Football Cake with figure

A few months ago I was asked to make a football cake for a little boys ninth birthday.  I was given strict instructions not to do any football colours as in the family they all support different teams and we didn't want to offend anyone. So I went for a basic white and black ball and the football kit was just made up by me. This is just a vanilla sponge cake with jam and butter cream in the middle and covered in rolled fondant. To make the football shapes I cut out a Pentagon and hexagon shape and laid them out on to sugar paste and cut around them.  I made the figure using both sugar paste and rolled fondant and I am very happy with how he came out. Hope you like the cake and if you have any questions please just ask. Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment