The recipe for cake pops
What you will need
560g Cooked chocolate cake
375g Chocolate Butter cream
1.5kg Candy Melts
Lolly pop sticks
- Break up your chocolate sponge with your fingers in a bowl until you have a texture similar to bread crumbs.
- Then add your soft butter cream to the bowl and stir until the mixture sticks together.
- Have a tray with parchment paper on ready to put your cake balls on and weigh them to about 26g each and roll into balls.
- Place on your baking tray and leave in the fridge for about 2 hours until they firm up.
- Now you need to melt your candy melts follow the instructions on the packet for this.
- Take your cake balls out of the fridge. Dip your lolly sticks in the candy melts about an inch in then push into the cake ball.
- Then you need to dip the whole cake pop into the candy melts and pull out quite quickly.
- Place the dipped cake pop in the Styrofoam and continue with the rest. This should make around 30 to 40 cake pops
- Once you have dipped all your cake pops comes the fun part of decorating them. There are so many different things you can make them into just let your imagination run wild.