Monday, 16 April 2012

Almond Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes  for a man at my dads work. My dad works for a company that do shop fitting and I really wanted an island in my kitchen. Since getting my amazing new oven I'd lost quite a bit of work top space so my partner bought me some base units and my dad managed to get me some wood from from his work and got it sprayed with  a lovely white gloss. Also my lovely dad bought me a piece of glass to go on top of the wood so I can do all my sugar paste and covering cakes on it too. The reason I made the cakes for the man was I bribed him to get the work top done quickly for me and I'll make him some cakes! Cakes can get you most things if you ask :) So I made him some almond cupcakes with almond and chocolate butter cream they were lovely. As they were for a man I didn't make them too pretty just some flaked almonds on top sprinkled with icing sugar and chocolate flakes. I've put the pictures below and also I thought I would show you my wonderful new work top! I'm a lucky gal! :)





Just need the doors on the cupboards then it's finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment