Friday, 13 April 2012

Salted caramel macarons


A few weeks ago I did a bit of amazon therapy and bought myself a new cook book.  Not just any cook book Pierre Herme's Macarons bible should I say. It's such an amazing book and he really is my idol. His an amazing pastry chef with patisseries in many countries and he even has a school he teaches in in America ( so cool) It was rather funny because just after I bought the book the owner of A revolution asked me if I could make macaroons as she loved them. I said yes and told her I had just bought an amazing book on them. So I went a head and made some for her the following week. It's quite funny really because I asked her if she had liked them and what did the customers think. She told me to be honest there wasn't much left for the customers I took a lot home for  myself as I loved them so much :) So that's really good. Im going to make it my mission to make as many macarons as I can from the book. I have tried some before in the shops and believe they don't compare to making them yourself. I was pleased with how well they looked and they were crisp and chewy at the same time. One of the tricks to get them the right texture is to keep them in the fridge for 24 hours after they are made. The flavour I went for first was salted caramel as I thought they sounded wonderful and most of the ingredients for these ones were pretty easy to find unlike some of the recipes in the book. Hope you like my take on Pierre Herme's Macarons . Ps I am calling them Macarons as this is the french way of spelling it :)

1 comment:

  1. Macarons or macaroons, however you call them, these look beautiful and sound delicious. I've just done some Amazon therapy too, just awaiting my 3 book from one order, lol.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete