I made these blueberry muffins for the beauty salon A revolution last week. To be honest with you I wasn't too keen on muffins before I made these, but that's because I had only tried the type you buy in the supermarkets which really put me off. These I must say are a hundred times better than shop bought. I am sharing the recipe with you then you can see for yourself how much better homemade muffins can be. Hope you enjoy making them. Hannah's Buns signing out :)
6 tbsp Sunflower oil
280g Plain flour
1 tbsp Baking powder
Pinch of salt
115g Soft light brown sugar
150g Frozen blueberries
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven 200'C
- Line a muffin tin with cases
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl then stir in the sugar and blueberries
- In a large bowl beat the eggs and add the milk, oil, vanilla and lemon rind
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and and pour the egg mixture in.
- Stir till combine but do not over mix
- Pour into muffin cases and cook for around 20 minutes until golden and risen.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in tray then cool on cooling rack.